My Steam account can't trade
For trading on Steam, your Steam account needs to fit various requirements. The most common problems are:
- Steam Guard needs to be enabled for at least 15 days.
- You have changed your email address within the last 5 days.
- You have changed your password within the last 7 days.
- You have signed into this device or browser for the first time within the last 7 days.
- You have canceled "all outstanding trades" within the last 7 days.
You can not bypass these restrictions. Which means, in worst case you need to wait up to 15 days to be able to trade on Steam again.
Where can I see the exact reason?
There are multiple ways to find out why your Steam account is currently unable to trade. The best way is to send a trade offer to a random Steam friend. It will abort and show you the reason why you are unable to trade.
Steam Friend Method
- Open the Steam profile page of a random friend.
- Click on "More" and choose "Offer a Trade".
- It will show you the reason why you can't trade.
Steam Market Method
- Open the Steam Market, it will usually show you the reason in a alert box.
- Please note that, not all trading restrictions are shown with this method. So we recommend to using the "Steam Friend Method" instead. (See above)